Sample data files in nuget package?

Topics: General
May 2, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to create a nuget package. This package includes the DLL but it also includes some sample xml files and some sample data files.

When I add a package reference to my package using the visual studio nuget package manager "manage nuget packages" option in the project context menu - only the DLL gets copied to the project output directory. I tried placing the data files in the lib folder and in the content folder - no success.

My question: Where in my package should I place the non-dll files (such as xml files, data files) so that they get copied to the output folder when I add a package reference to the package?

Thank you for any help!

Developer
May 2, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Content folders should work. Could you describe what happens if you place them in there?

May 2, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I tried to place the files inside the Content folder. The following happens after I publish the package:

1. I add my package to my visual studio project using "Manage nuget packages"

2. In {Solution Folder}\packages\ I can see my unzipped package with the DLL in the lib\net40 folder and with the data files in the content folder

3. The DLL file is correctly added as a reference and copied to the bin\debug folder of my project

4. The Content files are not copied to the bin\debug folder of my project.

What is the correct setting in the nupkg package that will force the Content files to be copied to my bin\debug folder?

Developer
May 4, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Do you think you could share the package? Put it on some file share and then paste the link here.

May 5, 2012 at 6:30 AM
Edited May 5, 2012 at 6:31 AM

thanks for this nuget package....

juegos de cocina | juegos de vestir