Nuget.exe prompting for credentials

Apr 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I'm trying to get some NuGet functionality working in a firewalled/sandboxed environment. When I do *anything* with NuGet.exe - the first thing it does is prompt for use "Username:" and "Password:". I assume this was for the firewall/proxy server, as it might be trying to get out over the Internet to perhaps update itself. Hopefully, it's not trying to log into a repository, because I'm explicitly trying to not use the public repository.

Anyone know what is going on here? When I run nuget.exe, I need it to not try to go out to the network, I just want to use it as a local utility for creating packages.

Developer
Apr 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM

What command causes it to prompt you for your credentials? Install \ Push \ List should if you are working with sources outside your network, the rest shouldn't.

If you aren't sure what sources are listed, run .\nuget.exe sources

Apr 12, 2012 at 5:19 PM

EVERYTHING I do, prompts:

C:\NuGet>nuget sources
NuGet bootstrapper 1.0.0.0
Username:
Password:
Unhandled Exception: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.2:80
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state,
IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at System.Data.Services.Client.QueryResult.Execute()
   at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceRequest.Execute[TElement](DataServi
ceContext context, QueryComponents queryComponents)
   at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceQuery`1.Execute()
   at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceQuery`1.GetEnumerator()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.<GetEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Bootstrapper.Program.Main(String[] args)
C:\NuGet>
Developer
Apr 12, 2012 at 10:16 PM

It looks like you are running the bootstrapper for the executable rather than the exe itself. Once it bootstraps itself by downloading the full exe, it wouldn't try and do this again

Apr 12, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Is the ACTUAL executable available for download anywhere? I downloaded that from the main nuget.exe site - I didn't see any alternative downloads. Any ideas?

Developer
Apr 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Probably the easiest way to do this is to get the CI bits - http://ci.nuget.org:8080/ Login as guest and pick up the executable from 1.8 > Artifacts > Console > NuGet.exe