Collapse the project tree when done

Oct 13, 2011 at 3:53 PM

I don't quite get it based on what does the Nuget decide when to leave the folder trees opened (expanded) in project when finished adding new package? We have some internal packages that have some huge trees of Scripts, Resources etc. and when we add such a package to a new project everything is left expanded. Then you go and collapse the folder trees and then after a while you would update to a new version of the package. NuGet would go over through all of the files and although it does detect which files have changed and leaves those unmodified it still leaves those unmodified folders expanded, which is rather silly and troublesome.

For instance, I have a "master" project which I package up and use in other projects. I work on the master project daily and build new package versions and update the other projects every time. Each and every time we are left with fully expanded project trees.

Oct 13, 2011 at 7:28 PM

It's not that we want to do so. It's the default behavior of Visual Studio when adding file contents programatically to the project.

Having said that, I agree that we should try to collapse the project nodes after installing packages. Please file a bug.

Oct 13, 2011 at 8:11 PM
I actually want to see what nuget changed. For me it's not an annoyance at all. Thoughts?

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 2:28 PM, dotnetjunky <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

It's not that we want to do so. It's the default behavior of Visual Studio when adding file contents programatically to the project.

Having said that, I agree that we should try to collapse the project nodes after installing packages. Please file a bug.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (nuget@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email nuget@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 13, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Yeah, If something was actually changed but the folders that remain expanded in our case have not changed at all, Nuget only glanced over them for comparison.