NuGet Uninstalling and then trying to reinstall SignalR errors out unless I restart VS first.

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:02 PM

NuGet Uninstalling and then trying to reinstall SignalR errors out unless I restart VS first.

Win7 and VS 11 (Dev Pre).

Steps:

Downloaded SignalR-Chat, extracted and opened in VS 11.

https://github.com/davidfowl/SignalR-Chat

Converted to VS 11 and then Built to update reference icons.

Right clicked on References (in Chat project) and then delete SignalR reference assembly.

Right clicked on References (in Chat project), to open NuGet Packages.

[ed. Under NuGet ‘Online’ and ‘Recent packages’ it shows the ‘green checkmark’ for ‘installed’ which prevents me from adding SignalR back in with NuGet so I figure I’ll try and uninstall it though NuGet.]

Under NuGet > Installed packages > SignalR and then selected ‘Uninstall’ button.

[ed. Great. ‘green checkmark’ no longer appears and I can see the ‘Install’ button NuGet > Online > SignalR.]

Nuget > Online selected SignalR and then selected ‘Install’ button.

Operation failed.

Attempting to resolve dependency 'SignalR.Server (≥ 0.3.3)'.
Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure (≥ 1.0.0.0)'.
Attempting to resolve dependency 'SignalR.Js (≥ 0.3.3)'.
Attempting to resolve dependency 'jQuery (≥ 1.6)'.
Install failed. Rolling back...
Access to the path 'C:\Users\x\Downloads\davidfowl-SignalR-Chat-50595cf\davidfowl-SignalR-Chat-50595cf\packages\Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure.1.0.0.0\lib\net40' is denied.
The directory is not empty.
Access to the path 'C:\Users\x\Downloads\davidfowl-SignalR-Chat-50595cf\davidfowl-SignalR-Chat-50595cf\packages\Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure.1.0.0.0\lib\net40\Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure.dll' is denied.

[Ed. Closing and restarting VS then attempting to install then works.]