Package did not load correctly???

Sep 22, 2011 at 4:48 PM

I have installed NuGet but cant get it to work. It shows up on the "Installed products" list (Visual Studio 2010 Express for WP) but there is no Package manager in the tools dropdown. I can find the Package manager from Tools -> options but when I click on that I get an error message. Is there a way to uninstall Nuget??? I've tried to reinstall but when I do I get a new error -> "This extension is already installed to all applicable products".

Sep 22, 2011 at 9:03 PM

I had the same exact problem. Been scratching my head all day! It seemed like it just came out of the blue, since i dont remember doing any updates of VS2010 or any of its add-ins.

But i found out that the problem was due to the old version of NuGet was still lying around. Going to this folder:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft Corporation\NuGet Package Manager"

And removing all other folders than the one with the newest version number (1.5.20902.9026 in my case) did the trick.
When i started VS2010, i got the new "Manage NuGet packages" menuitem, which has replaced the old "Add library reference" from the old version.

I also did some reinstallation of the plugin, and even of VS2010, but in the end i think it was enough just to remove the old-version from the "NuGet Package Manager" folder as mentioned above.

Hope this saves you some time :-)

/Lars

Sep 23, 2011 at 5:17 AM

Hey, thanks for this info :). I'll try it out. 

Dec 15, 2011 at 7:11 AM
Edited Dec 15, 2011 at 7:12 AM

Thankyou, gentlemen, for the question and answer! I got the system into state where I couldn't install it, because it thought it was already there, and I couldn't remove it either. I had two versions under C:\Program Files (x86)\...\NuGet Package Manager". I just deleted them both, and re-installed. This could have taken me a loooong time if I hadn't found this post. :)

Dec 15, 2011 at 8:33 AM

I hope it didnt take you a long time to find this post then ;-) Im glad i could help.

/Lars