Installing elmah fails with 404 error

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:42 AM

When I ran some of the End to End integration tests I got the following error: "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found" when the test was trying to install the "elmah" package.
After some stepping through the code I've noticed that it was trying to install a dependency package called: "elmah.corelibrary". As part of the process of installing that package we invoke the PackageExtensions.HasProjectContent method and in there we check to see if the package contains any FrameworkAssemblies, AssemblyReferences, and Content Files. Both the FrameworkAssemblies and AssemblyReferences properties are not being populated correctly and are throwing an exception.
What I am also seeing is that the Web Response Uri is pointing to this location: "http://elmah.googlecode.com/files/elmah.corelibrary.1.2.nupkg" which leads me to believe that when we try to navigate to this packages properties that the call is failing since Linq to OData is failing to construct a valid navigational property.

Any thoughts?

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:02 AM

What particular test is failing? We are not seeing any test failing recently. If you revert your changes, does it still fail?

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:06 AM

These are the tests that were failing:

GetPackageReturnPackagesInOrderOfLastInstalledFirst
PipingMultipleProjectsToInstall

I also had a quick chat with David and he asked the same thing to see if I can try without my changes and see if it still fails.
So I am updating my fork which is about 2 weeks old with the changes from the main repo and then I will test. I will also validate with code that doesn't have my changes.