Unauthorized (401) installing package on TFS 2008 controlled project

Jun 29, 2011 at 6:16 PM

When I try to install a package using the latest nuget package manager interface [1.4], I receive the following error, after which point, I am no longer able to interact with our TFS server [TFS 2008]:

Install failed. Rolling back...

TF30063: You are not authorized to access ***.The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Restarting Visual Studio fixes the problem until the next time I try to run package management.  This happens with the SL4PopupMenu and MVVMLight, so it doesn't appear to be package specific.  The project I'm attempting to install the package for is a Silverlight application, and all interactions with source control work prior to the attempted install.  Is there any way to get more detailed error messaging so I can see what's going on?

It appears that the nuget package manager is not using my credentials to connect to the TFS server, although I'm uncertain as to why that would be the case.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Jun 29, 2011 at 8:11 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.