Private NuGet Server Pass Through

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:58 PM

My team recently set up an internal nuget server for our internal shared libraries. We are only hosting our internal assemblies, but the packages have dependencies on other OSS projects; log4net for example. Our nuspec files explicitly call out the versions of our dependencies. I was expecting the Package Management Console to search the public feed for the third party packages. But it seems to not do so.

Is there a setting in Visual Studio that enables this functionality? 

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2011 at 5:00 PM

It does if you set the package source to the Aggregate (make sure your feed is first in the aggregate list). If you set a specific package source, it will only look in that package source.

This behavior will be changed in the next version of NuGet which comes out this week or next. We’ll use the current source first, and fallback to the aggregate.

Phil

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Looks like I should have done a search first. See this discussion for details: http://nuget.codeplex.com/discussions/259769

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:02 PM

Awesome thanks Phil.

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:31 PM
Edited Jun 9, 2011 at 5:31 PM
Haacked wrote:

It does if you set the package source to the Aggregate (make sure your feed is first in the aggregate list). If you set a specific package source, it will only look in that package source.

This behavior will be changed in the next version of NuGet which comes out this week or next. We’ll use the current source first, and fallback to the aggregate.

Phil

Really looking forward to this release