Can't create a package...

Apr 28, 2011 at 2:11 PM

I've been trying to use nuget.exe to create a package. It keeps crashing. If anyone can offer some advice, I would genuinely appreciate it. The commands this happens are 'nuget spec', and 'nuget pack <path>'. Exception below (looks like a proxy issue):

System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceQueryException was unhandled
  Message=An error occurred while processing this request.
  Source=System.Data.Services.Client
  StackTrace:
       at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceRequest.Execute[TElement](DataServiceContext context, QueryComponents queryComponents)
       at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceQuery`1.Execute()
       at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceQuery`1.GetEnumerator()
       at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
       at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.d__0.MoveNext()
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
       at Bootstrapper.Program.Main(String[] args)
  InnerException: System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceClientException
       Message=
		Access Denied

<big>Access Denied (authentication_failed)</big>

Your credentials could not be authenticated: "Credentials are missing.". You will not be permitted access until your credentials can be verified.
This is typically caused by an incorrect username and/or password, but could also be caused by network problems.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

Source=System.Data.Services.Client StatusCode=407 StackTrace: at System.Data.Services.Client.QueryResult.Execute() at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceRequest.Execute[TElement](DataServiceContext context, QueryComponents queryComponents) InnerException:

Apr 28, 2011 at 2:46 PM

If you Windows credentials are different from your network proxy credentials, it looks like you'll have a problem.  The nuget.exe does not yet support different credentials, and assumes that the default windows credentials will work.  Look at the HttpClient code here: http://nuget.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/d7d083970e64#src%2fCore%2fUtility%2fHttpClient.cs

Coordinator
Apr 28, 2011 at 4:36 PM

We’re working on improving this.

Apr 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM

@cloggins: What type of proxy is your network using?

Apr 28, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Interesting tidbit, the download links for the nuget.exe here on codeplex are pushing out v1.0.0, not the latest (v1.3.x?). I'm guessing if a fix is in the works, I needn't worry about making my fix all purty and trying to push it back up the chain?

@dotnetjunky: Not entirely sure. I heard rumors they were upgrading stuff, but didn't read the emails. ;) I will have to check...

Developer
Apr 28, 2011 at 5:15 PM

The nuget.exe here is a bootstrapper not the actual exe. It'll pull the latest one from the feed on first run.