NuGet does not unload powershell modules unless visual studio is closed

Apr 27, 2011 at 6:36 PM
I thought we already had someone log a bug for this, but a quick search didn't turn up anything.

Nuget Version is v1.2 (not sure if 1.3 does this or not).

I can share imported modules (unintentionally) if I open a solution in visual studio and then close the solution (but not visual studio) and open another solution. I noticed this yesterday in my presentation.

What this means is I could bring in MvcScaffolding to one solution and then use it in another solution as long as I don't close visual studio. This seems like unintentional and unexpected behavior.

To take it further I'm guessing the modules that are in the second solution are probably not imported either.
Apr 27, 2011 at 6:50 PM

I updated to version 1.3 and I am still seeing the issue.

It does import the modules on opening the new solution, but it does not remove the modules that were already imported. It also installs packages to the correct directory. 

If I had different versions of the same module, how would that behavior be? Normally powershell will not load a module of the same name until you remove the old one and reload the new one.

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:17 PM

It doesn't work well today and it's definately something we need to clean up in future versions. File a bug please :)

May 2, 2011 at 5:46 PM