Get-Help NuGet output changed inadverdently

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:45 PM

When I used to run Get-Help NuGet, it would give me the summary of NuGet commands because there was only one match for "NuGet".

Now the result is:

Name                             Category Synopsis                                                                                                                                          

----                             -------- --------                                                                                                                                            

NugetTabExpansion                 Function NugetTabExpansion [[-line] <Object>] [[-lastWord] <Object>]...                                                                                    

about_NuGet.Cmdlets               HelpFile Provides information about NuGet Package Manager commands.                                                                                        

Now I have to run the command Get-Help about_NuGet. Oisin says that’s the convention anyways, so this is probably not really an issue. But I was curious about what NuGetTabExpansion is and if it's possible to make it more hidden if it's not meant to be called by folks directly.

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Note that the consequence of this change is we need to change our console to say "Get-Help about_NuGet" rather than "Get-Help NuGet" because that no longer works.

Apr 23, 2011 at 3:15 AM

I'll see if I can remove the NuGetTabExpansion