Get-Help NuGet output changed inadverdently

Coordinator
Apr 22, 2011 at 10:45 PM

When I used to run Get-Help NuGet, it would give me the summary of NuGet commands because there was only one match for "NuGet".

Now the result is:

Name                             Category Synopsis                                                                                                                                          

----                             -------- --------                                                                                                                                            

NugetTabExpansion                 Function NugetTabExpansion [[-line] <Object>] [[-lastWord] <Object>]...                                                                                    

about_NuGet.Cmdlets               HelpFile Provides information about NuGet Package Manager commands.                                                                                        

Now I have to run the command Get-Help about_NuGet. Oisin says that’s the convention anyways, so this is probably not really an issue. But I was curious about what NuGetTabExpansion is and if it's possible to make it more hidden if it's not meant to be called by folks directly.

Coordinator
Apr 22, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Note that the consequence of this change is we need to change our console to say "Get-Help about_NuGet" rather than "Get-Help NuGet" because that no longer works.

Apr 23, 2011 at 3:15 AM

I'll see if I can remove the NuGetTabExpansion