Deleting existing contributions

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:40 AM

How do I go about deleting an existing contribution from nuget

Apr 15, 2011 at 6:07 AM
A little more clarity here please.

1) If you mean someone else has a package up that you author and don't want on nuget for some reason, then try first contacting the owner of the package to resolve this and if that doesn't work, please elevate it here. You can also talk them into sharing ownership with you and/or just assigning the package id over to you.

2) If you mean you have an older version and you want to delete it after you have a newer version available, this is not a recommended scenario for package management. Someone could depend explicitly on a version you have up and if you remove it, you would break other people's packages. You do that enough and they will find a different library to depend on. :D The world of package management is about having the versions up and available for people to get to over time. Some people are used to removing/hiding an old version once they've released a newer version, but that doesn't fit well with pkg mgmt and is not recommended at all.

3) If you mean you made a mistake and the package you uploaded needs to be deleted completely, then you can do it. Don't let too much time pass between the time you release a package and realize it's broken though due to #2.

Keep in mind the general idea behind contributions on nuget is that you should never delete them in case someone else is using a particular version.
____
Apr 15, 2011 at 6:10 AM

The contribution belongs to me and i made a mistake by uploading a package. I cannot find any link or any detail specifying how to delete a contribution. It should be fine for me to delete it since i just uploaded it today

Apr 15, 2011 at 6:12 AM

rpgmaker, the delete links were disabled (hidden) temporarily while we were fixing an issue with deleting packages. They're back on nuget.org, on the detail page for your package. You can also delete via nuget.exe (type nuget.exe help for details).

Apr 15, 2011 at 6:14 AM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9391884/NuGetDelete.png

Apr 15, 2011 at 6:15 AM

Thanks for the help :)