Packages with 'content' and source control

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:52 PM

I have a problem with packages that has 'content'. The problem is related to updates and source control (svn).

1. install-package package123 - OK

- package adds libraries and some usercontrols (.ascx) in a folder (/package123/controls/)

2. solution compiles and is committed to repository (.svn folder is created)

3. update-package package123 - New version is available and the old one is uninstalled and new one installed

Problem now is that the folder with usercontrols has been deleted and readded (because there were no changes to the files locally)

svn reports the folder 'package123' in my solution as 'obstructed' and it is a pain to resolve these cases. 

Could NuGet only remove files and folders that orginally was contained in the package? And leave '.svn' folders (and then the containing folder because it is not empty)

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Do you have files that are in the folder but not in the project? We had a bug where we delete folders that still have files that were not in the project but were on disk and that's fixed in the next version (

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:40 AM

Thanks. I think it might be the same problem. In my case I have '.svn' folder that still exists in the folder, but is not in the project.

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Try out a build from the ci machine and see if it fixes your problem:

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:20 PM
Edited Apr 15, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Confirmed: It fixes my problem.

When will 1.3 be released?