frameworkAssemblies that target sl40 and not WP7?

Apr 5, 2011 at 1:19 AM

I have the following in my package's metadata:
	  <frameworkAssembly assemblyName="System.ComponentModel.Composition" targetFramework="net40" />
	  <frameworkAssembly assemblyName="System.ComponentModel.Composition" targetFramework="sl40" />
	  <frameworkAssembly assemblyName="System.ComponentModel.Composition.Initialization" targetFramework="sl40" />

The intention is to add different combinations of references depending on the target framework. With SL we want Composition and Initialization. That works. With WPF we want Composition only; that also works. With WP7, we don't want either. It seams that that does not work. I get an error during package installation indicating that it cannot find

System.ComponentModel.Composition in the GAC. Is there way to work around this? This is the last thing preventing me from releasing.

Apr 5, 2011 at 3:55 AM

This might be a bug in our logic. You can work around it by adding an assembly specific to wp7 that's already referenced by the project there so it'll be a no-op.

Apr 5, 2011 at 2:08 PM

That work around did the trick and there turned out to be another assembly I needed anyways. Thanks!

Apr 10, 2011 at 9:14 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.