NuGet Package Explorer file

Mar 31, 2011 at 8:22 AM

Can you add file association for *.nuspec and *.nupkg extensions?

Visual Studio integration will be killer feature! :)

Mar 31, 2011 at 8:34 AM
I already did. Does it not work for you?

Sent from my phone

On Mar 31, 2011, at 1:22 AM, "cpavlov" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Can you add file association for *.nuspec and *.nupkg extensions?

Visual Studio integration will be killer feature! :)

Mar 31, 2011 at 8:58 AM

No, It didn't worked...

Mar 31, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Before you installed Package Explorer, did you already associate the extensions with some other program? ClickOnce will not associate the extensions with Package Explorer if the extensions are already taken by another program.

Mar 31, 2011 at 5:55 PM

And can you elaborate more on the Visual Studio integration suggestion? Specifically, what do you want to do inside Visual Studio?

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:24 AM
Edited Apr 1, 2011 at 12:25 AM

I personally would love to have the ability to create nuget packages from within visual studio by adding a new nuget project to a solution. Then have the ability to use the build output of other projects in the solution as contents for the lib folder. Very similar to how dotfuscator integrates with visual studio. It just makes it easier to keep everything thats related in on place with nice tfs integration to boot...if you use tfs that is.

Apr 1, 2011 at 7:48 AM

It is possible that the *.nuspec were associated with a bat file before, how can I fix that?

Regarding Visual Studio integration, my opinion is completly covered by sirkirby... Personally, I would like to be able to open *.nuspec inside the environment.

Apr 1, 2011 at 4:56 PM

the only way I can think of is to uninstall NuGet Package Explorer, remove the association with the .nuspec extension and then reinstall NuGet Package Explorer.

Regarding the Visual Studio integration, that's an interesting idea. However we're probably not doing that in the near future because there are other more important features to tackle. Feel free to open an issue though. If we see enough votes from the community, we may do it.

Having said that, nothing prevents you or someone from implementing that as external VS designer extension. It doesn't even need to have dependency on NuGet. I can see this as a perfect community project.