A Guide To Logging a NuGet Bug

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2011 at 3:30 AM

I need your help.

We're getting a lot of poorly written bug reports. I'd like to do 2 things. 1. Have a page that provides guidance on logging a bug. 2. Have a template for a standard list of questions we can cut and paste in response to a poorly filed bug. For example, when someone says,

"NuGet cod3z doesn't work on my machine. Please helps!!! Your cod3z sucks!"

We can respond with:

Please provide more detailed information.

• What OS and OS language are you running?
  • What version of Visual Studio are you running?
  • Are you running any other Add-ins?
  • Does this happen with new projects?
  • What version of NuGet are you running?

Anyone want to volunteer with helping us write this documentation and refining this list of questions. We'd love to get more community help with NuGet documentation.

Thanks!

Phil

Mar 23, 2011 at 3:37 AM
What do you think about adding this to the top of the issue tracker? Kind of like we have above the top of the discussions. (which we might want to update btw, still says NuPack).

Mar 23, 2011 at 4:05 AM

@Haacked

It is helpful to be able submit doco as a pull request.

You can do this in google code via the wiki repository <tt id="checkoutcmd">https://wiki.PROJECTNAME.googlecode.com/hg/</tt>

Is this possible in CodePlex?

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2011 at 4:16 AM

@ferventcoder Yikes. I fixed it! Unfortunately, it's not possible with the issue tracker. We should log a bug with CodePlex and get on that sucker. :)

@simoncropp Nope, I'd have to make you an Editor. But you can use Windows Live Writer, which is very nice! :)

Mar 23, 2011 at 3:22 PM

@Haacked, If I can help, count me in. Let me know what you need.

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2011 at 4:01 PM

lprada, write something up and post it here. :) I can post it to our docs. Over time, if it looks like you (or anyone else) are committed to helping the project and show good judgement, we'll be happy to give you editor access to the docs.

Like any OSS project, we want to take our time before giving just anyone write access to the docs. :)