Error adding package in mixed project solution

Mar 11, 2011 at 5:37 PM

I realized at the last minute this bug is caused by using the solution navigator.  In a solution with 1 asp.net 4.0 project and 1 wp7 project i tried right clicking on reference, selecting "add library package reference" and installing log4net for the asp.net project.  I got the error "log4net already installed. could not find library package for silverlight" or similar - however adding the reference worked fine with the solution explorer.

May 30, 2011 at 6:23 PM
Edited May 30, 2011 at 6:26 PM

I'm experiencing a similar problem with Solution Navigator.  When I clicked Add Library Package Reference I got an error stating that one of my solution folders is an incompatible "project".  Nothing else happened, except that the dialog never opened and the Add Library Package Reference item disappeared from the context menu.  It works fine though from Solution Explorer.

Thanks,
Dave

Developer
May 30, 2011 at 6:29 PM

This is fixed in the next version http://nuget.codeplex.com/workitem/1008

May 30, 2011 at 6:52 PM

@Jamescadd and @davedev: Can you download the vsix from our ci build (http://ci.nuget.org:8080/repository/download/bt4/1902:id/VisualStudioAddIn/NuGet.Tools.vsix), install it and see if you can repro the bug?

May 30, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Sure, but there's a problem with the extension.  I renamed the file extension to .vsix and double-clicked it, but it failed.  The relevant section of the error log follows:

5/30/2011 3:03:43 PM - VSIXInstaller.SignatureMismatchException: The installed version of 'NuGet Package Manager' is signed, but the update version is not signed. Therefore, Extension Manager cannot install the update.
   at VSIXInstaller.Common.VerifyMatchingExtensionSignatures(IInstalledExtension installedExtension, IInstallableExtension updateExtension)
   at VSIXInstaller.InstallProgressPage.BeginInstallVSIX(SupportedVSSKU targetAppID)
5/30/2011 3:03:43 PM - Install Error : VSIXInstaller.SignatureMismatchException: The installed version of 'NuGet Package Manager' is signed, but the update version is not signed. Therefore, Extension Manager cannot install the update.
   at VSIXInstaller.Common.VerifyMatchingExtensionSignatures(IInstalledExtension installedExtension, IInstallableExtension updateExtension)
   at VSIXInstaller.InstallProgressPage.BeginInstallVSIX(SupportedVSSKU targetAppID)

Thanks,
Dave

May 30, 2011 at 7:10 PM
You need to uninstall the current version of nuget first.

Sent from my phone. Why do you want to know what phone it is?

On May 30, 2011, at 12:06 PM, "davedev" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Sure, but there's a problem with the extension. I renamed the file extension to .vsix and double-clicked it, but it failed. The relevant section of the error log follows:

5/30/2011 3:03:43 PM - VSIXInstaller.SignatureMismatchException: The installed version of 'NuGet Package Manager' is signed, but the update version is not signed. Therefore, Extension Manager cannot install the update.
5/30/2011 3:03:43 PM - Install Error : VSIXInstaller.SignatureMismatchException: The installed version of 'NuGet Package Manager' is signed, but the update version is not signed. Therefore, Extension Manager cannot install the update.

Thanks,
Dave

May 30, 2011 at 11:20 PM

It works.  I can't repro my problem using the latest .vsix.

Is there going to be a problem the next time that I want to upgrade?  Will I have to uninstall this version manually - and is that all?

Thanks,
Dave

May 31, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Yes, you will have to uninstall this version manually because it is unsigned. After you have done that, you can install nuget 1.4 normally from the Extensions Manager dialog.

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:32 PM

FYI I just added CI build installation instructions to the docs.

Jun 3, 2011 at 6:32 PM

just wanted to chime in and say I have this problem too. the 1.4 build seemed to fix it for me.