Running NuGet from CI Server

Mar 5, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Talking to David Ebbo on Twitter about Best Practices regarding publishing NuGet Packages from CI server. Currently the issue is that the key would be exposed if calling it from the command line.

Mar 5, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Note that we're working on a feature that'll let you save the key in a user level config file. Tracked by this issue. That should cover this scenario.

Mar 5, 2011 at 9:34 PM

We just pass the key in our build script as a param. That means the key is just stored in the ci server configuration. And it is easy to change the key from the servers web interface.

sent from my mobile

On Mar 5, 2011 4:28 PM, "davidebbo" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: davidebbo
>
> Note that we're working on a feature that'll let you save the key in a user level config file. Tracked by this issue. That should cover this scenario.
>
>
Mar 5, 2011 at 9:35 PM

I've replied there but to keep it in one place, I'll repeat it here. Would this cover that scenario where you have one build server that can run dozens of projects and potentially no possibility of dialog boxes? For example teamcity.codebetter.com which I think you guys are running there too NuGet.

Mar 5, 2011 at 9:36 PM
erichexter wrote:

We just pass the key in our build script as a param. That means the key is just stored in the ci server configuration. And it is easy to change the key from the servers web interface.

sent from my mobile

On Mar 5, 2011 4:28 PM, "davidebbo" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: davidebbo
>
> Note that we're working on a feature that'll let you save the key in a user level config file. Tracked by this issue. That should cover this scenario.
>
>

Yeah I guess that could work. It would still be exposing the key, but slightly more limited.

Thanks.