nuget.org contributions: Delete previous contribution?

Feb 26, 2011 at 11:34 PM

I uploaded an update for a package I manage.  Should I delete the previous (obsolete) submission or leave it?

Coordinator
Feb 27, 2011 at 12:29 AM

In general, no. Others might have a dependency on that version.

Feb 27, 2011 at 3:47 AM

The fact that the gallery doesnt group entries by id makes it very annoying to have all the version history to scroll/page through

/kzu from galaxy tab

On Feb 26, 2011 10:29 PM, "Haacked" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: Haacked
>
> In general, no. Others might have a dependency on that version.
>
>
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2011 at 4:16 PM

That’s been fixed!

Feb 27, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Not when managing your own contributions, which I think is what's being discussed here. I think there is a bug tracking that, but I may be wrong.

Feb 27, 2011 at 5:11 PM

My issue is that when I view http://nuget.org/Contribute/MyPackages, obsolete versions of packages carry the same weight as the recommended version.  A simple solution would be to just combine all versions of a package into one list item.  Maybe provide a link for "Previous Versions" of each package then.

Unrelated issue, I have a non published item that I don't plan on publishing... is there a way to delete that?

Coordinator
Feb 27, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Well you’re the only one who sees that page. When you search for your package on the main gallery, it will always show the latest recommended version.

But people can click on the version history to see how many downloads each one has.

Feb 27, 2011 at 5:23 PM

I agree, it's not a critical issue.  It's just not an intuitive user experience for package authors.

Coordinator
Feb 27, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Ah yes. We’ll look at making the UI better. I just wanted to make the point that the solution isn’t to delete old packages (you probably don’t want to lose the stats). The solution is to make sure the UI better represents the current state and is more intuitive.

Thanks for the feedback!