Icon Size (Package vs. Gallery)

Feb 23, 2011 at 12:37 AM

In the nuspec file I can specify an icon url. According to the specs it should be 32x32.

However, the NuGet expects an icon that is 128x128 (even though the gallery website actually says 200x200) and also renders it at that size.

I've observed that some project icons seem to have only 32x32 icons, which are of course very blurry when rendered as 128x128 in the gallery. For other projects no icon seems to show up in the package reference dialog in Visual Studio even though they have a nice 128x128 icon in the gallery.

What is the best practice concerning icon sizes, assuming I'd like to automate the process and publish to the gallery using the command line only?

Thanks,
Christoph Ruegg

Feb 23, 2011 at 8:47 AM
Edited Feb 23, 2011 at 8:48 AM

yes, we are having an inconsistency in the icon size between the dialog and the gallery. We hope to fix it soon. The nuget client expects an 32x32 image. If the image is larger than that, it will be scaled to fit into 32x32.

we are also have a separate bug on the gallery where it sends down the wrong image url when you upload the icon to the gallery. This will also be fixed soon.

In the meantime, I'd recommend you host your icon somewhere else, and in the package metadata provide the <iconUrl> pointing to your icon.

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Any update on this? This is still an issue a year and a half later. It's either have a crappy gallery logo or a crappy nuget logo.

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Unfortunately, there has no work being done on this. I'll make sure I'll raise the priority of this work item. Thanks for reminding us.

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Thanks!

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Hi,

Thank you so much for this information. This information help me so much!!!

Good luck!!!

property management romania