NuGet v1.1 not working in Visual Studio 2010 Sp1 Beta

Feb 22, 2011 at 11:37 AM
Edited Feb 22, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Since upgrading to NuGet v1.1 the powershell console freezes on solution load or when it is opened after the solution has been loaded. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it with the same result. I've even tried downgrading back to v1.0 but while doesn't freeze, none of the powershell commandlets work - you get errors indicating the that the nuget commands are not not recognized possible because the Nuget powershell module doesn't get registered properly.

Additionally, it seems if I load a solution with no packages installed, the powershell console will seem to have initialized correctly but none of the NuGet commands work (powershell says they're not recognized).

Feb 22, 2011 at 12:58 PM

This happened to me too and the culprit ended up being the TFS integration component (theres another thread on that and how to fix it)

/kzu from galaxy tab

On Feb 22, 2011 8:37 AM, "jimitndiaye" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: jimitndiaye
>
> Since upgrading to Nuget v1.1 the powershell console freezes on solution load or when it is opened after the solution has been loaded. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it with the same result. I've even tried downgrading back to v1.0 but while doesn't freeze, none of the powershell commandlets work - you get errors indicating the that the nuget commands are not not recognized possible because the Nuget powershell module doesn't get registered properly.
>
>
Feb 22, 2011 at 4:36 PM

We're going to try to address the TFS issue in a point release. However, I'm puzzled about things not working after going back to 1.0. Can you give more details about exactly what you're trying, and what errors you're getting? Thanks!

Feb 22, 2011 at 5:31 PM

BTW, this this the thread that has the info in working around the 1.1 issue. Look for the reply from dfowler.