Best practices for Debug and CHM

Jan 18, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I've been reading a lot about NuGet but yesterday was when I started playing with it.

I have a very small library that has a binary release laid out like this:

1) (for both .NET 4 Client Profile and Silverlight): One dll, xml, and pdb built in Release mode, along with a Code Contracts dll and pdb.

2) (for both .NET 4 Client Profile and Silverlight): One dll, xml, and pdb built in Debug mode (with Code Contracts rolled in).

3) One chm.

So far, I've been able to get a local package working with just (1), and the additional Code Contracts dll even works correctly (i.e., it is not added to the project references, but still exists in the subdirectory where it can be found by CC).

My questions are about how best to proceed with parts (2) and (3):

(2) - I'm leaning towards just not including the Debug build. It would only assist in finding problems in my library anyway. Reviewing the public feed, I do not see any other debug builds out there.

(3) - My CHM is literally just the online docs combined with the xml docs. In this case, does it make sense to do away with the chm? Or should I integrate help into VS? There doesn't seem to be a right place for help files in the package structure.

-Steve