[Feature request] Conditional packaging

Dec 29, 2010 at 6:53 PM

I'd like to be able to use a single .nuspec file to create a 32 and 64-bit version of a package depending on my build configuration (think of libraries with native parts, e.g. TIBCO Rendezvous).

Ideally I'd like to have an addin which is able to figure out the number of bits from the build configuration, so if I'm building a library w/ x86 configuration it packages the 32-bit TIBCO RV components, and if I'm building w/ x64 configuration it packages the 64-bit ones.

Dec 29, 2010 at 8:09 PM

The closest thing we're doing right now is that SQLCE package, which installs both the 32 bit and 64 bit binaries.  The idea is to allow the resulting app to run on either type of systems.  So there is no conditional in there.

Note that using and install.ps1 PS script, you can do all kind of fancy things even if NuGet itself doesn't have first class support for them.

Dec 29, 2010 at 8:18 PM

I didn't like Powershell from the time it was called Monad, I really didn't want to learn it just to cover this otherwise common scenario, but if such support is not planned I guess I'd have to bite the bullet and do it :(

Dec 29, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Note that what's 'planned' often depends on user requests in the issue tracker and how high they're voted up by others.  Lots of features will be added over time, but it's a matter of doing then in the order that benefits the most.

Dec 29, 2010 at 8:32 PM

I see there are 180 issues (many of them "issues") in the Issue Tracker... Now, I used to create addins for VS 2005, how hard is it to create them these days w/ 2010? I might as well do it myself.

Cheers