Install T4MVC Fails

Dec 14, 2010 at 7:31 PM
Edited Dec 14, 2010 at 7:35 PM

This may be more a T4MVC thing than a NuGet thing, but here goes.

I'm running VS 2010 RTM, NuGet 1.0.10128.89, and MVC 3 RC2.  When I try to install T4MVC NuGet, I receive the error message:

Install-Package : Failed to download package correctly. The contents of the package could not be verified. 
At line:1 char:16
+ install-package <<<<  T4MVC
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], InvalidDataException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGet.VisualStudio.Cmdlets.InstallPackageCmdlet

I have installed ELMAH into the same project, without problem.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, will help.

thanks
.jim

EDIT:  My feed is pointed at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=206669

Dec 14, 2010 at 8:33 PM

There was an issue on the server, which should be fixed now.  Please restart VS and clear your IE cache if you still see issues.

Dec 14, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Perfect!  Thank you. Problem Solved.

Dec 16, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I am getting this same error really quite frequently - in particular (but not exclusively) with:

PM> Install-Package SQLCE.EntityFramework

The work-arounds mentioned above do not always work.

An additional work-around I attempted is to copy the 'packages' folder (found in in the solution root folder of a previous solution)

To clarify - where the above command has previously succeeded in downloading the package (within some other solution) I find that I can copy the packages folder and the command then works (presumably because it no longer needs to do the download but, only the install bit).

However - even the above workaround does not always work (it still did not work for 'Install-Package MvcScaffold' until I restarted VS2010).

This is quite frustrating and I hope it can be resolved before RTM.