NuGet 0.5.46 broken or is it just me?

Nov 26, 2010 at 6:57 PM
Edited Nov 26, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Hi,

Somewhere today I decided to swap my CTP 2 release for the recently released 0.5.46 since I wanted to play with the package location a bit. After reading the release notes by Phil I got the feeling that this release was pretty usable and stable; however my experience on my VM was quite different:

* After entering a List-Package command only local packages would appear in the console. The content of the feed would not show up (I double checked that it was set and changed to the right feed however).

* Packages did appear on the Online tab of the UI however, and it looked like NuGet was still able to fetch packages and update packages.config. What did not work however was referencing the added assemblies within the project.

So now I'm wondering if it's just me or is this release a bit fubar and am I better off building a current version from the source and trying that one instead?

Developer
Nov 26, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Hi,

We changed the default behavior of “List-Package” / “Get-Package” to display local packages by default. Feeds from the feed can be seen by using the -Remote flag or by specifying a source.

Get-Package -Remote

Get-Package –Source http://some-feed/

We recently fixed a bug where references weren’t being added correctly if projects have dots (“.”) in them. Is this the case with you?

Sent: Friday, November 26, 2010 11:58 AM
To: Pranav Krishnamoorthy
Subject: NuPack 0.5.46 broken or is it just me? [nuget:236169]

Hi, somewhere today I decided to swap my CTP 2 release for the recently released 0.5.46 since I wanted to play with the package location a bit. After reading the release notes by Phil I got the feeling that this release was pretty usable and stable; however my experience on my VM was quite different:

* After entering a List-Package command only local packages would appear in the console. The content of the feed would not show up (I double checked that it was set and changed to the right feed however).

* Packages did appear on the Online tab of the UI however, and it looked like NuGet was still able to fetch packages and update packages.config. What did not work however was referencing the added assemblies within the project.

So now I'm wondering if it's just me or is this release a bit fubar and am I better off building a current version from the source?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (nuget@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email nuget@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 27, 2010 at 9:45 PM
Edited Nov 27, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Ah, this explains a lot. :-)

Think i'll grab the source and make a fresh build myself when I'm back at the office...

Thanks for the help prana!

Developer
Nov 29, 2010 at 1:02 PM

You don't have to build from source. You can grab a build from the ci machine at http://ci.nuget.org:8080.

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Do we have some instructions on the wiki on getting bits from the CI machine?  The steps are not exactly intuitive :)

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:37 PM

There is a permalink url to the build artifacts that we can post on the wiki. It will bypass the guest login.

sent from my mobile

On Nov 29, 2010 3:24 PM, "davidebbo" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: davidebbo
>
> Do we have some instructions on the wiki on getting bits from the CI machine? The steps are not exactly intuitive :)
>
>
Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010 at 8:38 PM

What is that URL Eric?

Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010 at 8:39 PM

No we don’t, but I can add them. I just want to make sure I have the correct link. If there’s one that completely bypasses the login, I’d like to post that one.

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Ideally, it would link to a folder that shows one directory per build, and each folder would have the binaries.  This way we can post a single link that people can always go to to find a recent build of their choice.

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:24 PM
sorry, I was on my phone earlier.. here are the urls.
Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Ok, added a note at the bottom. http://nuget.codeplex.com/documentation