Adding New Items to VS Item templates

Nov 12, 2010 at 1:34 PM

The Specflow msi installer (apparently) adds file templates to VS.  The nuget package does not.  What would be the best way to do this in a nupack.

Coordinator
Nov 12, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Are they actual VS file templates? Currently, this is a scenario that's out of scope of NuGet. We don't install anything outside of your solution folder. Having said that, you might be able to write an Install.ps1 script that automates the DTE and installs those templates. I'm not too familiar with DTE myself to know exactly how to do that. If you look at the SQLCE package, there's an Install.ps1 script that does a bit of DTE automation.

Nov 12, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Seems so. They show up in New Item. It’s possible we could do it with some new ps commands a-la scaffolding.

Sent: Friday, November 12, 2010 11:30 AM
To: cromwellryan@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Adding New Items to VS Item templates [nuget:234457]

Are they actual VS file templates? Currently, this is a scenario that's out of scope of NuGet. We don't install anything outside of your solution folder. Having said that, you might be able to write an Install.ps1 script that automates the DTE and installs those templates. I'm not too familiar with DTE myself to know exactly how to do that. If you look at the SQLCE package, there's an Install.ps1 script that does a bit of DTE automation.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (nuget@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email nuget@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com