Own package not installing? (CTP2)

Nov 10, 2010 at 8:44 AM

I have a string and date extensions library used in a lot of projects, and ideal nuget candidate. I created a nuget package (using CTP2 and nuget pack) and placed the package on a server share. XML for package below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <title>Date and String Extensions library</title>
    <authors>Howard Richards</authors>
    <description>Set of date and string extensions 3.5 and above. The date extensions add methods such as .FirstDayOfMonth, .LastMonth and .NextWeek. The string extensions add lots of useful methods such as .TrimNull, .HasValue, .Left and many others.</description>
    <file src="bin\Release\Extensions.*" target="lib" />

I then tried to add a reference to the package from the file share using  "Add Library Package Reference".

The package appears in the list (I have added the share as a source), but when I click install the button greys out for about 30 seconds then comes back without having installed (no errors). Nothing in event log either. I also checked out the solution to ensure all the files were writeable.

Any suggestions or should this be posted as a bug?

Nov 10, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Can you look at the nupkg file and see if there is any content inside of it?

Nov 10, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Think the issue may be NUGET's pack - the DLLs are there but have lost their names, e.g. ".dll" and ".pdb" are in the zip/package - adding a bug report