There is no working folder mapping for C:\NuGetLibrary\

Nov 9, 2010 at 10:19 PM
Edited Nov 9, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Problem:

Having these shared assemblies checked into source control and managed with sub directories inside the project does not work for us.

Solution:

If we could have these downloaded and stored to a central repository, one on each developer's machine, that all projects could reference that would be ideal.

Attempted Hack:

In the NuSpec <files> section I made the target of our assembly to C:\NuGetLibrary\.

Error:

PM> Install-Package 'test'
Install-Package : There is no working folder mapping for C:\MimeoNuGetLibrary\test.dll.
At line:1 char:16
+ Install-Package <<<<  'test'
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], ItemNotMappedException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGet.VisualStudio.Cmdlets.InstallPackageCmdlet 

Question:

Is what I'm trying to do supported by NuGet?

Developer
Nov 9, 2010 at 11:08 PM

The target attribute is used by NuPack when creating packages, not when installing them. Would be interesting to find out though what caused that message.

I think what you're looking for is described in Issue 215 (http://nuget.codeplex.com/workitem/215) which we are currently working on.

Nov 9, 2010 at 11:28 PM

Yes exactly - If I could configure a local path on each of my packages that would solve the problem.

Nov 10, 2010 at 4:38 PM

The reason I was trying to use the attribute the way I am is because I tested with changing it to "libzzzzzz" and when I installed that package it unpacked to:

$(SolutionRoot)\packages\<packageName>\libzzzzzz\<packageContents>

Is this not the way it's used?

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2010 at 5:12 PM

The target is meant to be a relative path within the package's install directory. It should ideally be only one of three values though, "tools", "content", "lib".