Update Reference to Latest Version?

Oct 14, 2010 at 6:39 PM

I am loving NuPack! Had to run off and show several co-workers.  The first question they all asked was, "Will or does NuPack have a way to update the current references to the latest version?".  So I thought I would bring it up here.

Oct 14, 2010 at 6:44 PM
Let me be sure I understand what you are asking. You mean they have existing references and want NuPack, once they start using it, to be able to update those existing references?
"Be passionate in all you do"

Oct 14, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Kind of.  I wouldn't expect it to be able to do that for reference not managed by NuPack but I would think once you have added a package reference it could let you know when new versions are available and give you the option to update.

Oct 14, 2010 at 7:25 PM
Oh ya man - fully planned for that. It might work now. :D
"Be passionate in all you do"

Oct 14, 2010 at 7:29 PM

How would I find it it is already available?

Oct 14, 2010 at 7:37 PM

in the console, type "List-Package -Updates"

Oct 14, 2010 at 7:59 PM
Edited Oct 14, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Cool that gives you the list of packages and if there are updates available. 

PM> List-Package -Updates

Id                                         Version                                                             UpdateAvailable
--                                         -------                                                             ---------------
Antlr                                      3.1.1                                                                 False
Castle.Core                            1.1.0                                                                 True
Castle.DynamicProxy               2.1.0                                                                 True
Iesi.Collections                       1.0                                                                    False
log4net                                 1.2.1                                                                  False
NHibernate.Core                   2.1.2                                                                   False
NHibernate.Linq                    1.0                                                                     False

I did some digging and it looks like to update a package it would be.

PM> nup Castle.Core

PM> Update-Package Castle.Core

But fails because of the NHibernate dll has a dependency on this version. 

Does that sound right?

Oct 14, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Yes, that's expected.

Oct 14, 2010 at 8:10 PM
Edited Oct 14, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Thanks for the help. 

Consider me a NuPack Evangelist!!!!!

Working on a demo for internal developers where I work.

Thanks again.

Oct 14, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Glad that you like it. Don't forget to suggest new features and report issues in the Issue tracker. :)

Oct 14, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Jay, you've been quoted :)