Filter by framework automatically

Oct 13, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Hi Guys,

I've been thinking about creating a MonoDroid package for NuPack to allow people to easily grab dlls into their MonoDroid projects. Something I don't want to do is submit it as a forked repo with the package so it appears (and clutters) the main list where really only one or two people can use it (MonoDroid is still early and in private preview). Having the list of packages filtered by the current TargetFramework would work pretty nicely since the Framework is explicitly marked as "MonoDroid". This can also be applied for other packages such as Elmah, since Elmah simply has a /lib/elmah.dll - it doesn't check to see if the dll will work on projects such as Silverlight/Windows Phone 7 since it's ASP.NET specific, should the /lib/ folder reflect this? So if I don't read the description of a package or the description isn't clear, I could add in a bunch of references which won't ever work without warning.

Thoughts?

ChrisNTR

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2010 at 7:27 PM
Edited Oct 13, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Log a bug for this. It’s an interesting idea. Ideally, our GUI would always allow you to override the filter too.

Oct 13, 2010 at 7:31 PM
I thought I read that the folder structure actually was taken into account in order to know which assembly reference to add (by nupack).

Did I get that wrong? :|
Developer
Oct 13, 2010 at 9:25 PM

It is