Closed vs. Fixed status

Sep 29, 2010 at 1:23 PM

On other CodePlex projects I run issues are fixed but when a release is done I set them to closed. This helps keeping focused on issues that need attention so you can quickly see (even from the basic view) open items without going through pages of issues.

Suggestion is that Phil close off anything that's fixed that's in that release as part of the release process.

Sep 29, 2010 at 4:42 PM

All issues will be set to Closed after I test them. If it's currently in Fixed (and there are lots of them) they still need to be tested. I'll hopefully be attacking the Fixed backlog this week.

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I really like to know the difference between when an item was fixed and when the fix was verified by someone else. Unfortunately, there’s no “Verified” status in the CodePlex issue tracker. Ideally, when you fix an issue, you’d mark it as Fixed and assign to Drew. When it was verified, it’d be marked as “Verified”. Then we’d close it when it’s in the release.

For now, I think we should continue with that plan. I guess the real question is, what question are you trying to answer that you can’t right now? For example, if you want to know which issues are not yet fixed for this release, select “NuPack v1 CTP1” release in the issue tracker filter (advanced view) and then click Proposed, then Active (yeah, that part sucks). By closing items before we release, we haven’t made that particular query any better.

I voted up this work item to have CodePlex http://codeplex.codeplex.com/workitem/11503 allow configuring status. Did anyone create that page listing the codeplex issues that are important to us? If not, I’ll do it.

Phil

Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 5:24 AM
To: Phil Haack
Subject: Closed vs. Fixed status [nupack:229004]

On other CodePlex projects I run issues are fixed but when a release is done I set them to closed. This helps keeping focused on issues that need attention so you can quickly see (even from the basic view) open items without going through pages of issues.

Suggestion is that Phil close off anything that's fixed that's in that release as part of the release process.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (nupack@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email nupack@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com