Components in the Issue Tracker

Sep 19, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Earlier, we talked about not using the Components item in the issue tracker till we need it. I thought about this some more and realized that once we go public, everything changes. We'll have a lot of bugs logged and I think many people will want to focus on one component or another. For example, today, I wanted to look at all the outstanding Package Manager Dialog bugs. So for now, I'm gonig to create the following components. When opening a new bug, please assign it to the appropriate component. If none are appropriate, leave the Component blank.

• Package Manager Console
  • Add Package Reference Dialog
  • Core API
  • NuPack.exe
  • Powershell Script

We can always change this later if needed.

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:17 AM

Assigned the xunit task to me as I was working on it but when it came to assigning a component I couldn't see anything that lined up. It's not the API and doesn't really fit into any of the others. Maybe add a new component called "Visual Studio Solution" or "Visual Studio Project". Or something else... looking for suggestions.

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:23 AM

Leave it blank for now. I think we can probably encapsulate that under a general “Developer/Build Environment” component. Thoughts?

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:36 AM

That sounds good. What do you think of the overloaded "Infrastructure" word?

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:48 AM

It's appropriate. How about "Development/Build Infrastructure"?

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:50 AM

That works

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:55 AM
Sep 20, 2010 at 4:17 AM

Ok, I added it. Thanks!