Reflector Add-In

Editor
Sep 14, 2010 at 5:24 AM

Seems we don’t work when the Reflector Add-In is loaded? That’s obscure. How do I file a bug?

--

Scott Hanselman – Developer Community Liaison – Microsoft

Blog and Podcast: http://hanselman.com – Twitter: @shanselman

Sep 14, 2010 at 5:42 AM

You file a bug on the Issue Tracker tab. Title and description are sufficient. Don't worry about the meta-fields; we'll set that stuff during triage.

I just downloaded the latest Reflector, installed the VS add-in support, and was able to list packages, install a package, uninstall a package, and create a new package. I was also able to close and re-open the NuPack console. Can you describe how it's not working so I can investigate further?

Editor
Sep 14, 2010 at 5:46 AM

David Fowler sees it to. I get this in the console:

The following error occurred while loading the extended type data file: Microsoft.PowerShell.Core, C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\types.ps1xml(2950) : Error in type "System.Security.AccessControl.ObjectSecurity": Exception: Cannot convert the "Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SecurityDescriptorCommandsBase" value of type "System.String" to type "System.Type".

System.Management.Automation.ActionPreferenceStopException: Command execution stopped because the preference variable "ErrorActionPreference" or common parameter is set to Stop: Unable to find type

Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 10:42 PM
To: Scott Hanselman
Subject: Re: Reflector Add-In [nupack:227120]

You file a bug on the Issue Tracker tab. Title and description are sufficient. Don't worry about the meta-fields; we'll set that stuff during triage.

I just downloaded the latest Reflector, installed the VS add-in support, and was able to list packages, install a package, uninstall a package, and create a new package. I was also able to close and re-open the NuPack console. Can you describe how it's not working so I can investigate further?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (nupack@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email nupack@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 14, 2010 at 5:55 AM

I'll follow up with Fowler tomorrow, then. Thanks Scott.

Sep 14, 2010 at 6:13 AM

Actually, that's a known issue.  It's a PowerShell bug.  It was investigated at length earlier.

Oct 5, 2010 at 4:52 AM

Digging an old thread.

I am trying to investigate this issue, but the NuPack Console is working fine for me with the .NET Reflector add-in present. Does anyone still see this issue? I'm running VS.NET 2010 Ultimate edition, Reflector version 6.5.0.135.

Oct 5, 2010 at 5:07 AM

I know I was seeing it at the time (that's what triggered the initial investigation).  Note that you need to have the Reflector Add-In, not just reflector.  As I recall, it's offered as a 30 day free trial when you install Reflector.  Maybe you've had it longer than that and it disabled itself?  Just a random guess! :)

Oct 5, 2010 at 5:14 AM

Yes, I have the Refelctor Add-In installed. It shows up as a top-level menu item in VS. I only installed it a few minutes ago.

Oct 5, 2010 at 5:16 AM

If needed, I can try to re-install it on my laptop tomorrow.

Oct 5, 2010 at 6:45 AM

I will try it out tomorrow on a few machines.

Oct 5, 2010 at 10:37 PM

David and Eric, did you two have a chance to test this out?

Oct 6, 2010 at 9:52 PM
Edited Oct 6, 2010 at 9:52 PM

We have verified, on my machine and Ebbo's, that the latest version of Reflector, 6.5, no longer causes the exception in the console.

Coordinator
Oct 6, 2010 at 10:03 PM

I saw the Known Issues page was updated with this information. Thanks!

Oct 6, 2010 at 10:38 PM

This is really good news, as that was a nasty issue!

Aug 23, 2011 at 11:18 PM

FWIW, after I installed ankhSVN plugin, I started getting same error messages in the console. I also noticed that "Tab" for auto-completing NuGet commands stopped working (that was even more annoying than error messages :) I uninstalled AnkhSVN - and the problem went away. I re-installed it - but so far it didn't happen.