Getting started in the source.

Sep 1, 2010 at 5:49 PM

I pulled down the source and I am looking through it now.  Is there a gettting started doc? How do I get the console loaded up into VS?

Everything builds and the tests pass, but I am not clear what my debug settings should be. If I am being a n00b, please feel free to tell me. 

Sep 1, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Hi Eric,

Things are moving quickly here.  Until a couple days ago, there were no sources at all on CodePlex.  We're about to add a bunch of missing pieces today, like the PowerConsole and the UI.  Indeed, the process is not well documented, but please give it a couple days and we'll get there :)

Things really are moving at a crazy pace now, after a long time with not much happening (at least not much that was on CodePlex).

David

Sep 1, 2010 at 5:59 PM
ok.. great, I just thought I was missing something.. and indeed I am. no problem here.  I will dig through the discussion history to catch up with you all.
On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 12:54 PM, davidebb <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Eric,

Things are moving quickly here.  Until a couple days ago, there were no sources at all on CodePlex.  We're about to add a bunch of missing pieces today, like the PowerConsole and the UI.  Indeed, the process is not well documented, but please give it a couple days and we'll get there :)

Things really are moving at a crazy pace now, after a long time with not much happening (at least not much that was on CodePlex).

David

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (nupack@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email nupack@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 1, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Eric,

Here's some makeshift instructions off the top of my head.

1. Get the sources and build everything. Note where the location is.
  2. Install PowerConsole into VS2010.
  3. From within PowerConsole edit a file called $PowerConsoleUserProfile (e.g. notepad $PowerConsoleUserProfile).
    Create or add to this file:
    & "c:\projects\nupack\powershellscripts\nupack1.ps1"
    Or wherever you installed your system to. I sometimes have to add the line "Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned -Scope Process -Force" to my profile. YMMV.
  4. Get the zip file of packages from here (look under hidden releases here [release:51592]). You'll want Sample Packages 2 which contains a bunch of packages with the .nupack extension. Unzip this somewhere.
  5. Restart VS2010
  6. Create a new project.
  7. Add a reference to NuPack.VisualStudio.dll and NuPack.Core.dll.
  8. Open up PowerConsole (CTRL+W, CTRL+V or View | Other Windows | PowerConsole) and enter "Change-PackageSource dir" where "dir" is the directory where you unzipped the packages in step 4.
  9. You should now be able to do List-Package in PowerConsole and run any of the commands against the project (Add-Package etc.) 
Sep 1, 2010 at 6:28 PM
hey, bill could you just make that a PS script. ;)
-d

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 1:27 PM, bsimser <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Eric,

3. From within PowerConsole edit a file called $PowerConsoleUserProfile (e.g. notepad $PowerConsoleUserProfile).
    Or wherever you installed your system to. I sometimes have to add the line "Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned -Scope Process -Force" to my profile. YMMV.
  4. Get the zip file of packages from here (look under hidden releases here [release:51592]). You'll want Sample Packages 2 which contains a bunch of packages with the .nupack extension. Unzip this somewhere.
  5. Restart VS2010
  6. Create a new project.
  8. Open up PowerConsole (CTRL+W, CTRL+V or View | Other Windows | PowerConsole) and enter "Change-PackageSource dir" where "dir" is the directory where you unzipped the packages in step 4.
  9. You should now be able to do List-Package in PowerConsole and run any of the commands against the project (Add-Package etc.) 

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (nupack@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email nupack@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 1, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Note that all of these steps will not be needed once we release the Vsix for the NuPack Console extension. This should happen by the end of this week.

Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 11:29 AM
To: Luan Nguyen
Subject: Re: Getting started in the source. [nupack:225669]

hey, bill could you just make that a PS script. ;)
-d

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 1:27 PM, bsimser <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Eric,

5. Restart VS2010

6. Create a new project.

8. Open up PowerConsole (CTRL+W, CTRL+V or View | Other Windows | PowerConsole) and enter "Change-PackageSource dir" where "dir" is the directory where you unzipped the packages in step 4.

9. You should now be able to do List-Package in PowerConsole and run any of the commands against the project (Add-Package etc.)

Sep 1, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Indeed, the steps will become as simple as:

• Enlist
  • Build
  • Double click on the vsix that got produced, which will contain PowerConsole (all hooked up with nupack.ps1) and the UI

Definitely hoping to have that by end of week or earlier.  I'll make sure to create a Getting Started page once that's ready.

Developer
Sep 2, 2010 at 6:15 AM

OK guys. I spent alot of time trying to get everything in order so it's as painless as possible to get things going. I'm going to start a wiki page with instructions but in the meantime follow these instructions:

1. Download the VSSDK
  2. Run build.cmd
  3. Run the output of the Vsix (NuPack console and UI) at NuPack.Tools/bin/Debug/NuPack.Tools.vsix to install the VS tooling
  4. Download the packages from the release
  5. Extract the packages to NuPack.Server/Packages 
  6. Run NuPack.Server and save the url of the feed. Alternatively you can just use a physical path of NuPack.Server/Packages as a feed uri for the clients

NuPack Console

To launch the nupack console go to View -> Other Windows -> NuPack Console.

Run the following command:

Update-PackageSource {path to server or physical path}

NuPack UI

Right click on any project and click "Add NuPack Reference..."

Initially there will be no packages, click on the settings button in the lower left, this will bring up the setting dialog where you need to fill in the path to the feed server or physical path.

After that the packages should show up.

Let me know if you have any issues getting it to work.

Sep 2, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I created a wiki page with this information. Development

Sep 2, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Thanks Eric!  We'll try to keep that up to date as things evolve.

Sep 2, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Note that during development time, you don't need to install/uninstall the Vsix over and over again. You can open the Experimental instance by following these steps:

1. Open the Properties page of the NuPack.Tools project.

2. Click on Debug tab.

3. Choose 'Start external program' option. Type in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe' into the textbox.

4. In the command line arguments textbox below, type: '/rootsuffix Exp' (without the quotes).

5. Now you can debug normally with F5. It will open a separate instance of VS (called the Experimental instance). What you do in this instance don't affect the main VS instance.

Sep 2, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Luan, could you add this info to the dev wiki page Eric started, so it's all in one place?

thanks,
David 

Sep 2, 2010 at 4:08 PM
And remember, it's all WLW editable... pretty awesome!
____
Rob
"Be passionate in all you do"

http://devlicio.us/blogs/rob_reynolds
http://ferventcoder.com
http://twitter.com/ferventcoder

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 11:07 AM, davidebb <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Luan, could you add this info to the dev wiki page Eric started, so it's all in one place?

thanks,
David 

Sep 2, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Done

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:05 PM

When I try to debug, using your instructions I getn a Powershell Signing Error in the console.  I have my execution policy set to unrestricted in a normal powershell window. Is there a step I need to do to get the NuPack console configured before loading the nupack.ps1 ?

Developer
Sep 2, 2010 at 5:10 PM

When you try to debug what? Can you use the NuPack Console at all? Are you getting a specific error?

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Sorry about my lack of specificity.. I am multi tasking and bad at it.

I am debugging into the Tools project using the experimental hive of studio. When the new instance of VS comes up and I load the NuPack Console I get a ExecutionPolicy error trying to load the profile.ps1. I globally set my powershell execution policy to unrestricted but it seems like powershell instance being used inside of the console is not picking up that policy change.  Below is the call stack that is displayed in the nupack window.

System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: File C:\Users\eric_hexter\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0Exp\Extensions\Microsoft\NuPack Tools\1.0\Scripts\Profile.ps1 cannot be loaded because the execution of scripts is disabled on this system. Please see "get-help about_signing" for more details. ---> System.Management.Automation.PSSecurityException: File C:\Users\eric_hexter\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0Exp\Extensions\Microsoft\NuPack Tools\1.0\Scripts\Profile.ps1 cannot be loaded because the execution of scripts is disabled on this system. Please see "get-help about_signing" for more details. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: File C:\Users\eric_hexter\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0Exp\Extensions\Microsoft\NuPack Tools\1.0\Scripts\Profile.ps1 cannot be loaded because the execution of scripts is disabled on this system. Please see "get-help about_signing" for more details.

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Management.Automation.AuthorizationManager.ShouldRunInternal(CommandInfo commandInfo, CommandOrigin origin, PSHost host)

at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ModuleCmdletBase.GetScriptInfoForFile(String fileName, String& scriptName)

at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ModuleCmdletBase.LoadModule(String fileName, String moduleBase, String prefix, SessionState ss, Boolean& found)

at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand.ProcessRecord()

at System.Management.Automation.Cmdlet.DoProcessRecord()

at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessor.ProcessRecord()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.PipelineBase.Invoke(IEnumerable input)

at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.Pipeline.Invoke()

at System.Management.Automation.PowerShell.Worker.ConstructPipelineAndDoWork(Runspace rs, Boolean performSyncInvoke)

at System.Management.Automation.PowerShell.Worker.CreateRunspaceIfNeededAndDoWork(Runspace rsToUse, Boolean isSync)

at System.Management.Automation.PowerShell.CoreInvoke[TOutput](IEnumerable input, PSDataCollection`1 output, PSInvocationSettings settings)

at System.Management.Automation.PowerShell.Invoke(IEnumerable input, PSInvocationSettings settings)

at System.Management.Automation.PowerShell.Invoke()

at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.LocalRunspace.DoOpenHelper()

at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.LocalRunspace.OpenHelper(Boolean syncCall)

at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.RunspaceBase.CoreOpen(Boolean syncCall)

at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.RunspaceBase.Open()

at NuPackConsole.Host.PowerShell.Implementation.PowerShellHost.SetupRunspace() in C:\code\oss\nupack\NuPack.Console\PowerShellHost\PowerShellHost.cs:line 101

at NuPackConsole.Host.PowerShell.Implementation.PowerShellHost.Initialize() in C:\code\oss\nupack\NuPack.Console\PowerShellHost\PowerShellHost.cs:line 45

at NuPackConsole.Host.PowerShell.Implementation.PowerShellHostProvider.<>c__DisplayClass2.<CreateHost>b__1(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\code\oss\nupack\NuPack.Console\PowerShellHost\PowerShellHostProvider.cs:line 59

at NuPackConsole.CommonExtensionMethods.Raise(EventHandler ev, Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\code\oss\nupack\NuPack.Console\NuPackConsole\Utils\CommonExtensionMethods.cs:line 11

at NuPackConsole.Implementation.Console.ConsoleDispatcher.Start() in C:\code\oss\nupack\NuPack.Console\NuPackConsole\Console\ConsoleDispatcher.cs:line 58

at NuPackConsole.Implementation.PowerConsoleToolWindow.MoveFocus(FrameworkElement consolePane) in C:\code\oss\nupack\NuPack.Console\NuPackConsole\PowerConsoleToolWindow.cs:line 368

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Found it.. I had to set my execution policy in my Powershell x86 console window.  set-executionpolicy unrestricted 

I guess we will need a build process that can sign those scripts for a release build.

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:24 PM

I'll investigate and see if this can be avoided.

Sep 2, 2010 at 10:53 PM

This has been fixed. You don't need to change your execution policy explicitly. We run set-executionpolicy at the process level by default.

Oct 18, 2010 at 10:58 PM

I'm having problems with build.cmd, it just fails...

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2007. All rights reserved.

Build started 18/10/2010 20:57:13.
Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\Build\Build.proj" on node 1 (default targets).
Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\Build\Build.proj" (1) is building "C:\nupack_4c
a96f4f5aa5\NuPack.sln" (2) on node 1 (Build target(s)).
ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
  Building solution configuration "debug|Any CPU".
Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.sln" (2) is building "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f
5aa5\NuPack.Core\NuPack.Core.csproj" (3) on node 1 (default targets).
DevartEntityDeploy:
  DevartEntityDeploy succeeded for 0 items.
CoreResGen:
  All outputs are up-to-date.
GenerateTargetFrameworkMonikerAttribute:
Skipping target "GenerateTargetFrameworkMonikerAttribute" because all output fi
les are up-to-date with respect to the input files.
CoreCompile:
Skipping target "CoreCompile" because all output files are up-to-date with resp
ect to the input files.
CopyFilesToOutputDirectory:
  NuPack.Core -> C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Core\bin\Debug\NuPack.Core.dll
RunCodeAnalysis:
  Running Code Analysis...
  d:\Programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Team Tools\Static Analysis Tools\Fx
  Cop\FxCopCmd.exe  /outputCulture:1046 /out:"bin\Debug\NuPack.Core.dll.CodeAna
  lysisLog.xml" /file:"bin\Debug\NuPack.Core.dll" /dictionary:"..\CodeAnalysisD
  ictionary.xml" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Fr
  amework\.NETFramework\v4.0\Microsoft.CSharp.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files
  \Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\mscorlib.dll" /r
  eference:"C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFrame
  work\v4.0\System.Core.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\
  Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\System.Data.Services.Client.dll" /refe
  rence:"C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramewor
  k\v4.0\System.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsof
  t\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\System.Runtime.Serialization.dll" /reference:"
  C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\
  System.ServiceModel.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Mi
  crosoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\System.Xml.dll" /reference:"C:\Program F
  iles\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\System.Xml.L
  inq.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framewor
  k\.NETFramework\v4.0\WindowsBase.dll" /directory:"C:\Program Files\Reference
  Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0" /ruleSet:"=C:\nupack_4ca96
  f4f5aa5\NuPack.Core\..\NuPack.ruleset" /rulesetdirectory:"d:\Programas\Micros
  oft Visual Studio 10.0\Team Tools\Static Analysis Tools\\Rule Sets" /rule:"-d
  :\Programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Team Tools\Static Analysis Tools\FxC
  op\\Rules" /searchgac /ignoreinvalidtargets /forceoutput /successfile /ignore
  generatedcode /saveMessagesToReport:Active /timeout:120
MSBUILD : error : CA1709 : Microsoft.Naming : Correct the casing of 'Nu' in nam
espace name 'NuPack' by changing it to 'NU'. [C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Cor
e\NuPack.Core.csproj]
MSBUILD : error : CA1709 : Microsoft.Naming : Correct the casing of 'Nu' in ass
embly name 'NuPack.Core.dll' by changing it to 'NU'. [C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\Nu
Pack.Core\NuPack.Core.csproj]
  Code Analysis Complete -- 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Done Building Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Core\NuPack.Core.csproj" (
default targets) -- FAILED.

5aa5\NuPack.VisualStudio\NuPack.VisualStudio.csproj" (4) on node 1 (default tar
gets).
DevartEntityDeploy:
Done Building Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.VisualStudio\NuPack.Visual
Studio.csproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

5aa5\NuPack.Test\NuPack.Test.csproj" (5) on node 1 (default targets).
DevartEntityDeploy:
Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Test\NuPack.Test.csproj" (5) is building
 "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Server\NuPack.Server.csproj" (6) on node 1 (def
ault targets).
DevartEntityDeploy:
Done Building Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Server\NuPack.Server.cspro
j" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Done Building Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Test\NuPack.Test.csproj" (
default targets) -- FAILED.

5aa5\NuPack.Tools\NuPack.Tools.csproj" (7) on node 1 (default targets).
DevartEntityDeploy:
Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Tools\NuPack.Tools.csproj" (7) is buildi
ng "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Console\NuPackConsole\NuPack.Console.csproj"
(8) on node 1 (default targets).
DevartEntityDeploy:
CoreResGen:
  All outputs are up-to-date.
GenerateTargetFrameworkMonikerAttribute:
Skipping target "GenerateTargetFrameworkMonikerAttribute" because all output fi
les are up-to-date with respect to the input files.
CoreCompile:
Skipping target "CoreCompile" because all output files are up-to-date with resp
ect to the input files.
CopyFilesToOutputDirectory:
  NuPack.Console -> C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Console\NuPackConsole\bin\Deb
  ug\NuPack.Console.dll
RunCodeAnalysis:
  Running Code Analysis...
  d:\Programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Team Tools\Static Analysis Tools\Fx
  Cop\FxCopCmd.exe  /outputCulture:1046 /out:"bin\Debug\NuPack.Console.dll.Code
  AnalysisLog.xml" /file:"bin\Debug\NuPack.Console.dll" /dictionary:"..\..\Code
  AnalysisDictionary.xml" /reference:"d:\Programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0
  \Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Microsoft.VisualStudio.ComponentModelHost.dll"
  /reference:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SDK\VisualStudioInt
  egration\Common\Assemblies\v4.0\Microsoft.VisualStudio.CoreUtility.dll" /refe
  rence:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SDK\VisualStudioIntegrat
  ion\Common\Assemblies\v4.0\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Editor.dll" /reference:"C:\
  Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Common
  \Assemblies\v4.0\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Language.Intellisense.dll" /reference
  :"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\C
  ommon\Assemblies\v4.0\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Language.StandardClassification.
  dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SDK\VisualStud
  ioIntegration\Common\Assemblies\v2.0\Microsoft.VisualStudio.OLE.Interop.dll"
  /reference:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio
  .Platform.VSEditor\v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Pla
  tform.VSEditor.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
   SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Common\Assemblies\v4.0\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Sh
  ell.10.0.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SDK\V
  isualStudioIntegration\Common\Assemblies\v4.0\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Im
  mutable.10.0.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 S
  DK\VisualStudioIntegration\Common\Assemblies\v2.0\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shel
  l.Interop.10.0.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
   SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Common\Assemblies\v2.0\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Sh
  ell.Interop.8.0.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 201
  0 SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Common\Assemblies\v2.0\Microsoft.VisualStudio.S
  hell.Interop.9.0.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 20
  10 SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Common\Assemblies\v2.0\Microsoft.VisualStudio.
  Shell.Interop.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
  SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Common\Assemblies\v4.0\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tex
  t.Data.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SDK\Vis
  ualStudioIntegration\Common\Assemblies\v4.0\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Text.Logic
  .dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SDK\VisualStu
  dioIntegration\Common\Assemblies\v4.0\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Text.UI.dll" /re
  ference:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SDK\VisualStudioIntegr
  ation\Common\Assemblies\v4.0\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Text.UI.Wpf.dll" /referen
  ce:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SDK\VisualStudioIntegration
  \Common\Assemblies\v2.0\Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.10.0.dll"
  /reference:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SDK\VisualStudioInt
  egration\Common\Assemblies\v2.0\Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.8.
  0.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SDK\VisualSt
  udioIntegration\Common\Assemblies\v2.0\Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Int
  erop.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framewo
  rk\.NETFramework\v4.0\mscorlib.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Reference As
  semblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\PresentationCore.dll" /refere
  nce:"C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\
  v4.0\PresentationFramework.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Reference Assemb
  lies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\System.ComponentModel.Composition
  .dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.
  NETFramework\v4.0\System.Core.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Reference Ass
  emblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\System.Design.dll" /reference:
  "C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0
  \System.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Fram
  ework\.NETFramework\v4.0\System.Windows.Forms.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Fil
  es\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\System.Xaml.dl
  l" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NET
  Framework\v4.0\WindowsBase.dll" /directory:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly
  \GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Platform.VSEditor\v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d
  50a3a" /directory:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SDK\VisualSt
  udioIntegration\Common\Assemblies\v2.0" /directory:"C:\Program Files\Referenc
  e Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0" /directory:"d:\Programas
  \Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies" /directory:"C:\Pr
  ogram Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Common\A
  ssemblies\v4.0" /ruleSet:"=C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Console\NuPackConsol
  e\..\..\NuPack.ruleset" /rulesetdirectory:"d:\Programas\Microsoft Visual Stud
  io 10.0\Team Tools\Static Analysis Tools\\Rule Sets" /rule:"-d:\Programas\Mic
  rosoft Visual Studio 10.0\Team Tools\Static Analysis Tools\FxCop\\Rules" /sea
  rchgac /ignoreinvalidtargets /forceoutput /successfile /ignoregeneratedcode /
  saveMessagesToReport:Active /timeout:120
espace name 'NuPackConsole.Implementation' by changing it to 'NU'. [C:\nupack_4
ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Console\NuPackConsole\NuPack.Console.csproj]
espace name 'NuPackConsole.Implementation.Console' by changing it to 'NU'. [C:\
nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Console\NuPackConsole\NuPack.Console.csproj]
espace name 'NuPackConsole.Implementation.PowerConsole' by changing it to 'NU'.
 [C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Console\NuPackConsole\NuPack.Console.csproj]
MSBUILD : error : CA1709 : Microsoft.Naming : Correct the casing of 'Nu' in ass
embly name 'NuPack.Console.dll' by changing it to 'NU'. [C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5
\NuPack.Console\NuPackConsole\NuPack.Console.csproj]
  Code Analysis Complete -- 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Done Building Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Console\NuPackConsole\NuPa
ck.Console.csproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

ng "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Console\PowerShellHostProvider\PowerShellHost
Provider.csproj" (9) on node 1 (default targets).
DevartEntityDeploy:
Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Console\PowerShellHostProvider\PowerShel
lHostProvider.csproj" (9) is building "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Console\Po
werShellHost\PowerShellHost.csproj" (10) on node 1 (default targets).
DevartEntityDeploy:
Done Building Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Console\PowerShellHost\Pow
erShellHost.csproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Done Building Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Console\PowerShellHostProv
ider\PowerShellHostProvider.csproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

ng "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Dialog\NuPack.Dialog.csproj" (11) on node 1 (
default targets).
DevartEntityDeploy:
Done Building Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Dialog\NuPack.Dialog.cspro
j" (default targets) -- FAILED.

ng "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.TeamFoundationServer\NuPack.TeamFoundationSer
ver.csproj" (12) on node 1 (default targets).
DevartEntityDeploy:
Done Building Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.TeamFoundationServer\NuPac
k.TeamFoundationServer.csproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Done Building Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Tools\NuPack.Tools.csproj"
 (default targets) -- FAILED.

5aa5\NuPack\NuPack.csproj" (13) on node 1 (default targets).
DevartEntityDeploy:
Done Building Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack\NuPack.csproj" (default ta
rgets) -- FAILED.

5aa5\NuPack.Test.Integration\NuPack.Test.Integration.csproj" (14) on node 1 (de
fault targets).
DevartEntityDeploy:
Done Building Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Test.Integration\NuPack.Te
st.Integration.csproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

5aa5\NuPack.MSBuild\NuPack.MSBuild.csproj" (15) on node 1 (default targets).
DevartEntityDeploy:
Done Building Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.MSBuild\NuPack.MSBuild.csp
roj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

5aa5\NuPack.MSBuild.Test\NuPack.MSBuild.Test.csproj" (16) on node 1 (default ta
rgets).
DevartEntityDeploy:
Done Building Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.MSBuild.Test\NuPack.MSBuil
d.Test.csproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Done Building Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.sln" (Build target(s)) --
FAILED.

Done Building Project "C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\Build\Build.proj" (default target
s) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\Build\Build.proj" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.sln" (Build target) (2) ->
"C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Core\NuPack.Core.csproj" (default target) (3) ->
(RunCodeAnalysis target) ->
  MSBUILD : error : CA1709 : Microsoft.Naming : Correct the casing of 'Nu' in n
amespace name 'NuPack' by changing it to 'NU'. [C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.C
ore\NuPack.Core.csproj]
  MSBUILD : error : CA1709 : Microsoft.Naming : Correct the casing of 'Nu' in a
ssembly name 'NuPack.Core.dll' by changing it to 'NU'. [C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\
NuPack.Core\NuPack.Core.csproj]

"C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\Build\Build.proj" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.sln" (Build target) (2) ->
"C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Tools\NuPack.Tools.csproj" (default target) (7)
->
"C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Console\NuPackConsole\NuPack.Console.csproj" (de
fault target) (8) ->
amespace name 'NuPackConsole.Implementation' by changing it to 'NU'. [C:\nupack
_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Console\NuPackConsole\NuPack.Console.csproj]
amespace name 'NuPackConsole.Implementation.Console' by changing it to 'NU'. [C
:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Console\NuPackConsole\NuPack.Console.csproj]
amespace name 'NuPackConsole.Implementation.PowerConsole' by changing it to 'NU
'. [C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5aa5\NuPack.Console\NuPackConsole\NuPack.Console.csproj]
  MSBUILD : error : CA1709 : Microsoft.Naming : Correct the casing of 'Nu' in a
ssembly name 'NuPack.Console.dll' by changing it to 'NU'. [C:\nupack_4ca96f4f5a
a5\NuPack.Console\NuPackConsole\NuPack.Console.csproj]

0 Warning(s)
    6 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:21.50

Oct 18, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Are you turning FxCop for the Console project? If so, add the CodeAnalysicDictionary.xml file (as a link) to the project and set the Build Action as 'CodeAnalysicDictionary'. This file is located in the NuPack root folder.

Oct 19, 2010 at 6:13 AM

I don't know what is FxCop!?

I downloaded the source code, and runned the build.cmd... like this C:\nupack_c26a0495e7ea>build.cmd

Isn't it suposed to work?

Developer
Oct 19, 2010 at 6:31 AM

What version of VS do you have? Did you read this page

Oct 19, 2010 at 6:45 AM

I'm ok with that... VS 2010 + VS2010 SDK + Windows 7

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:43 AM

anyone?

Developer
Oct 19, 2010 at 8:53 AM

I just downloaded the source from http://nupack.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/70a0f0b26ccf and ran build and got no errors. It might be something in your environment (I know that's not a good answer). Can you open the solution in VS and build?

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Yes, in VS all builds perfectly... =/

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:20 AM

my VS is not installed in the default folder, it's in D:\Programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0, and my SDK in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SDK, maybe this is the problem?

Developer
Oct 19, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Interesting... Maybe there are some assumptions on the path (hopefully not). Try building one project at a time from the command line, not using build.cmd but using msbuild.

Oct 19, 2010 at 11:27 AM

where can i learn this to do this stuff? I'm kind of a dummie in this things =)

Developer
Oct 19, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Experience :). But you can open the vs command prompt and type msbuild myproject.csproj and it effectively mimics building in vs.

Oct 19, 2010 at 12:07 PM

ooooo, now I got it... for sure, I will do it an then I talk abou the results... reeeealy thanks for now!!!

Oct 24, 2010 at 7:07 PM

I am trying to build nupack, and when using either build.cmd or build within VS2010 I get:

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Jonathan\Documents\nupack\Build\Build.proj" (default target) (1) -> "C:\Users\Jonathan\Documents\nupack\NuPack.sln" (Build target) (2) -> "C:\Users\Jonathan\Documents\nupack\NuPack.Tools\NuPack.Tools.csproj" (default target) (7) -> (DeployVsixExtensionFiles target) -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\VSSDK\Microsoft.VsSDK.targets(420,5): error : Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. [C:\Users\Jonathan\Documents\nupack\NuPack.Tools\NuPack.Tools.csproj]

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

This is VS2010 with VsSDK on Windows7.

Could this be caused by have already downloaded and installed Nupack?

If so, how do I uninstall nupack, the uninstall button is greyed out in the extension manager?

Oct 24, 2010 at 7:24 PM

@JayCeeEll:

• Run VS as admin
  • Uninstall NuPack from Extension manager
  • You should now be able to build