Test - Please ignore

Aug 30, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Just trying to see whether I can reply straight from Outlook and end up with something clean.  This post made from the site.

Developer
Aug 30, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Test reply

Aug 30, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Now replying from Outlook. Let’s see if it’s smart enough to exclude everything but what I’m typing.

David

Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 2:09 PM
To: David Ebbo
Subject: Re: Test - Please ignore [nupack:225356]

Test reply

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (nupack@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email nupack@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 30, 2010 at 9:23 PM

[Back on web site]

Evidently, that didn't work!

Aug 30, 2010 at 9:36 PM

I sent this to the CodePlex folks asking them to file an issue and look into it.

Aug 31, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I think it's a nice to have but not a bug. Google groups works the same way. If you type a reply online it collapses the previous conversation but if you reply though any mail client, it includes everything. You can use Outlook, you just have to delete to the end before you hit send.

Aug 31, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Apparently, it's supposed to have some smarts that would auto cleanup things.  Anyway, I actually prefer using the web site as can see the full conversation in one place.

Aug 31, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Posted it as a bug so feel free to vote for it here:
http://codeplex.codeplex.com/workitem/25573

Coordinator
Sep 7, 2010 at 4:49 PM

I had no idea that you could reply via Outlook. That makes my day! J

Sep 7, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Just make sure to remove all the content you're replying to.  Otherwise, it makes a big mess on the thread :)